Welcome to the central page of the Department of Inorganic and Physical Chemistry at Ghent University.
The Department of Inorganic and Physical Chemistry provides research and education in the domains of general, inorganic, physical and materials chemistry. Scientists carry out both fundamental and applied scientific projects around the following principal areas:
- organometallic chemistry and the application of engineered compounds in catalytic reactions
- the synthesis of new mesoporous materials and their application in heterogeneous catalysis, adsorbents and biomedical systems
- Synthesis of colloidal nanocrystals and the application of their physical properties
- Research into the kinetics and the mechanisms of electrochemical reactions at semiconductor surfaces
- Quantum chemistry
- f-element coordination chemistry.
- Solid state chemistry of electroceramic materials
We hope you enjoy visiting our webpages!